Monday 21 May 2012

Tarot of Quotes: The Tower

tower in the tarot
Tarot of Quotes
"The gem cannot be polished without friction." 
- Chinese Proverb


The Tower is my latest addition to my Tarot of Quotes.

I've had my fair share of breakdowns in my life, and what I've learned along the way is to make the most of them!

When you suddenly find that your body and mind can no longer function normally as a result of a major stress event, then you have two options: give up or take your time to build yourself up again.

Believe me, the latter is the better option. Taking time out, pick yourself up, heal, transform yourself and your life.

The Tower suggests destruction, shock revelations or even just a sudden realization that something in your life isn't working. 

Whatever it is, as long as you aim to get through it, the reward can be release, liberation, spiritual growth, regeneration, radical transformation.

"The world is full of suffering; it is also full of overcoming it.” 
- Helen Keller


Scariest Tower moment in literature:

“As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic insect.” - Franz Kafka, Metamorphosis

Warmest wishes,

Christiane


Transform your life this year: 

Tarot Readings - Insightful guidance when you need it
Learn Tarot - A magickal, inspirational tool for life.
Tarot eBooks - Great value, innovative Tarot study and creative journaling material

Make sure you subscribe to my feed to receive the latest articles straight into your inbox when published.

You can also connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.


2 comments:

  1. Found you over at the Goddess Circle and decided to take your invite to come visit. The Tower (along with the Devil and the Fool) are favorite Tarot cards of mine - I think they are great manifestations of how opposites are really one - just different sides of the coin. enjoyed this post and the ones above - I find reading this kind of information fascinating!

    I invite you over to my blog where I generally write inspirationally but am currently covering a huge Art show and writing about participants (because no artist gets enough air for all the work s/he does alone and slogging along - so I'm doing my best to rememdy at least a few!).

    Delighted to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy, and thank you so much for dropping by ;) If you like the Devil, then you will be pleased to know, that this will be the next card I'm creating ;)

      I love your blog! Will be visiting again later today. Have connected with you on your Facebook page in the meantime. Lovely to meet you ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...