Tuesday 27 March 2012

Tarot & Quotes: The High Priestess

Anna K Tarot © 2008 Anna Klaffinger
"By confronting us with irreducible mysteries that stretch our daily vision to include infinity, nature opens an inviting and guiding path toward a spiritual life." - Thomas More

The High Priestess symbolises intuition, the unconscious, hidden knowledge and spirituality. The image we see here is from the self-published Anna K.Tarot, its beautiful artwork dominated by blue and yellow colours reflecting darkness and light.

The following quote is from The Book of Qualities by Ruth Gendler, in which human qualities and emotions are brought to life as people in whimsical and to some extend spiritual prose. This is quite an enjoyable book; for a light-hearted yet insightful read about the human psyche highly recommended:

“I invited Intuition to stay in my house when my roommates went North. I warned her that I am territorial and I keep the herb jars in alphabetical order. Intuition confessed that she has a ‘spotty employment record.’ She was fired from her last job for daydreaming.

When Intuition moved in, she washed all the windows, cleaned out the fireplace, planted fruit trees, and lit purple candles. She doesn’t cook much. She eats beautiful foods, artichokes, avocadoes, persimmons and pomegranates, wild rice with wild mushrooms, chrysanthemum tea. She doesn’t have many possessions. Each thing is special. I wish you could see the way she arranged her treasures on the fireplace mantle. She has a splendid collection of cups, bowls, and baskets.

Well, the herbs are still in alphabetical order, and I can’t complain about how the house looks. Since Intuition moved in, my life has been turned inside out.” 


Can you see the High Priestess living her life like Intuition? What do you think?

Warmest wishes,

Christiane


Transform your life this year: 

Tarot Readings - Insightful guidance when you need it
Learn Tarot - A magickal, inspirational tool for life
Tarot eBooks - Great value, innovative Tarot study material

Make sure you subscribe to my feed to receive the latest articles straight into your inbox when published.

You can also connect with me on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting question. I guess I always associate being a High Priestess with a certain need for discipline and dedication, as well as intuition. You need to learn the paths to open your intuition, and practise them. So, no, I don't see her as intuition alone, and I can't imagine her ever getting fired for daydreaming :) Still, I really like the book's concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed the High Priestess isn't just a symbol for intuition; she is so much more than that, but when I saw this image, she reminded me more of intuition and even day(or night?) dreaming the way she sits back relaxed gazing at the night sky and the moon phases...;)

      A different image would have no doubt evoked a different association; that's the beauty of all these many different Tarot decks available today firing your imagination ;)

      Your suggestions of discipline and dedication for example fit very well with the Rider Waite image, but I cannot see it here with the Anna K High Priestess ;)

      Thank you for your insightful comment; you have reminded me how much an image can influence your interpretation of a card ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...