Thursday 2 January 2014

Heartbreak And A New Dawn

three of swords tarot of quotes
Three of Swords Haiku:
A heart of stone and
a heart of glass colliding,
sparkling chards scattered.
“I took a chance, I took a shot
And you may think I’m bullet-proof, 

but I’m not. 
You took a swing, I took it hard. 
And down here from the ground 
I see who you are.”
Taylor Swift

Heartbreak is one of the worst emotions anyone can go through. Its intensity can range from mild disappointment to almost unbearable grief.

I recently read somewhere that you grieve as much as you love, and when you find yourself in the position of having to recover from the loss of deep love, grief can be all consuming for a long time.

But let's face it: there are things in life that will break you. There is no protection from that.

Even self-imposed solitude to avoid getting hurt again will break you with its yearning.

The trick is to pick yourself up and live an awesomely beautiful life despite what fate throws at you.

And the truth is, you have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on this planet. 

You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be vulnerable. You are here to be open and surrender to love. You are here to be swallowed up. 

"And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.” 
Louise Erdrich, from The Painted Drum LP

ten of swords tarot of quotes
Tarot of Quotes
At first it can be a challenge to try see past the initial pain to the possibility of finding a better and stronger love in your future.

But life quite simply goes on. You learn that detaching yourself from what once was is the best therapy to heal your heart.

"If you decide to leave me at the shore of the heart where I have roots
Remember
That on that day, at that hour, I shall lift my arms
And my roots will set off to seek another land.”

Pablo Neruda


Keep your heart open to love. Be love. Let it flow. Spread your wings and embrace the world. 

Deep down you know that after darkness, there is always a new dawn rising.

Warmest wishes,

Christiane



Transform your life this year: 

Tarot Readings - Insightful guidance when you need it
Learn Tarot - A magickal, inspirational tool for life
Tarot eBooks - Great value, innovative Tarot study material

Make sure you subscribe to my feed to receive the latest articles straight into your inbox when published.

You can also connect with me on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Christiane. you are so right.Grief is indeed the downside of love. The only thing you can do it to learn to live with that broken heart. Don't wait for it to heal; just keep on living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true, Ellen. I see many people being stuck in the past or believe they will be alone for the rest of their lives after heartbreak. But I want to encourage people to think more positively about future possibilities. Keep on living and look forward to new beginnings.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Christiane! I loved the mix of poetry and heartfelt prose. I'm definitely a believer in the idea that we are here to love and feel and be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerry. And a Happy Love-filled New Year to you ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...