Wednesday 5 March 2014

Never Be Mine

eight of cups
Tarot of Quotes
It’s been a while,
But sometimes I still wonder why
You left from one minute to the next,
When everything seemed fine.

Pursuing me for weeks,
Taking it slowly yet one step closer each time,
You made all the moves and finally won me over,
And I was so happy you were mine.

Or so I thought, silly me.
All your affections, were they just deceptions?
Perhaps you were just curious, enjoyed the chase,
A game to raise your confidence, and I lost the race.

You enjoyed the novelty at first,
Overwhelming me with kindness and attention,
Yet you lost interest whilst still pretending
Not saying a word, feeding your apprehension.


Then it was over, just like that, vague reasons and assumptions,
I didn’t have a chance for another glance.
A self-proclaimed "solitary social toe dipper"
You dipped your toe into my heart, ripping it apart.

Little did you know that once I let someone get close,
I fully commit to the relationship with love and devotion
Not just for six weeks, and not just to dip my toes,
But for the long haul, guided by trust, faith and my emotions.

I’m not cut out to be sampled and played with until I no longer suffice,
For someone to roll the dice, and I have to pay the price.
You ended it with tears and the guise of a caring heart, emotional felony,
You shouldn’t have done that to me.

And here I am, still thinking of you and grieving, but slowly moving on,
Rebuilding my trust and having faith that I won’t fall again for a con.
All the things you gave me put away, tainted memories kept out of sight.
Telling myself you were wrong all along, I choose to embrace new love, magic and light.

And in the meantime I have to accept the irrevocable end, the end of the line,
And the wheel keeps turning,
My heart burning,
Coming to terms with the fact you will never be mine.

Christiane


Transform your life this year: 

Tarot Readings - Insightful guidance when you need it
Learn Tarot - A magickal, inspirational tool for life
Tarot eBooks - Great value, innovative Tarot study material

Make sure you subscribe to my feed to receive the latest articles straight into your inbox when published.

You can also connect with me on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.


4 comments:

  1. This is beautifully written; straight form the wounded heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, beautifully written and for me personally very poignant having been in a situation where I was conned and duped by someone who I believed loved me as I him, he broke my heart and I have not been able to trust or love since, brought tears to my eyes, a truly beautiful piece of writing. Thankyou for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa! I'm sorry to hear you've had a similar experience. Yes, it is so hard to trust and love again wholeheartedly, but don't give up. Don't let someone, who hurt you, keep you from finding true love. In Maya Angelou's words: "Have the courage to trust love one more time, and always one more time."

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...