Thursday 4 September 2014

Just One Little Thing That Can Change Your Life Forever

wheel of fortune tarot of quotes
Tarot of Quotes
"One new perception,
one fresh thought,
one act of surrender, 
one change of heart,
one leap of faith 
can change your life forever."
Robert Holden


Just one thing.
A phone call. 
A chance meeting. 
A rejection. 
A random act of something.

For me it was back in 1983, when I was nearly being offered an apprenticeship with a prestigious company in my hometown in Germany. 

It was the kind of job that would set me up for life. It was between me and someone else. One of us would get the job.

I had to attend three interviews, and each time it got tougher. 

Fancy putting a 19-year old through a management-style recruitment process...yes, I know it's outrageous, and that's exactly how I suddenly felt about it whilst attending the third and final meeting.

And I decided during the sometimes sexist questioning (those were the days!) that I no longer gave a shit.

Needless to say I didn't get the job.

I went to university instead. Travelled through Europe, stayed in hippie communes and just enjoyed being a free spirit. I discovered women spirituality and had my first encounter with the Tarot.

My final excursion was England, where I lived for a year as an Au-Pair before I returned to Germany to complete my studies.

And then I came back to the UK and have lived here ever since. 

When I attended a school reunion a few years ago, I discovered that most of my class mates had never moved beyond a five mile radius of their place of birth. Some of them even got married to each other (gasp!).

I wondered, how my life would have been different, if I hadn't mentally given up in that interview and then been offered that apprenticeship... 

So, dear reader, what is the ONE little thing you will do today that could change your life forever?

Don't know? Why not pick up your favourite Tarot deck and pull a card or more for some suggestions. Can you influence the next turn of your Wheel of Fortune?

Warmest wishes,

Christiane


Transform your life this year: 

Tarot Readings - Insightful guidance when you need it 
Learn Tarot - A magickal, inspirational tool for life
Tarot eBooks - Great value, innovative Tarot study material

Make sure you subscribe to my feed to receive the latest articles straight into your inbox when published.

You can also connect with me on FacebookTwitterPinterestTumbr and Instagram.



6 comments:

  1. A thought provoking post, which made me dwell upon my own life changing decisions.
    By the way what a gorgeous deck you are creating. I didn't realize this was your personal project until I've read some comments between you and Steve. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I started the Tarot of Quotes a while ago, when I suddenly saw tarot images reflected in my photography. One day, when I took a photo of a fantasy door in a theme park. I thought "this would make a great Magician", and the rest is history hehe :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Christiane! How interesting life! I imagine you have very enriching life experiences! We grow up with each experience and situations we live. Your post is beautiful and a crucial question about our path in life. You make me think and several times I've thought what would have happened if...I'll take your advice and I'll pick the cards :) Muchas Estrellas!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡HOLA, Las Magas! And thank you for your interesting comment. Yes, the Wheel of Fortune is always turning for us, sometimes with surprising consequences, when you start evaluating past actions and events :) The trick is also to realise how it helped you grow. Starlight Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Couldn't resist that title! A very thought-provoking post. Certainly, I didn't see myself being where I am, doing what I do, when I was in my teens! And interesting, too, to think that these small-yet-significant moments can happen at any time… :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they can, Kerry, and they do all the time without us being aware of them until later, when you look back and remember those moments :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...