Thursday 21 June 2012

Celebrate The Sunrise

celebrate the sunrise the sun tarot summer solstice tarot blog hop
 Aquatic Tarot © Andreas Schröter 
If you have just arrived from Carla's blog as part of the Tarot Blog Hop series - welcome!

Today's topic is the celebration of today's Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere.

I usually mark this special day by having a lovely scrumptious goblet of Mead later in the garden, surrounded by plenty of Citronella candles to keep those pesky midges at bay.

Hopefully, it will be warm outside tonight (you never know with the UK weather!), and I can see some bats shooting erratically through the evening sky whilst thinking of A Midsummer Night's Dream. If I'm lucky, Oberon will turn up ;)

Of course, I mustn't forget to do something Tarot related, so following on from my Ostara Tarot spread, the Summer Solstice is a good occasion to take stock of how plans, projects and life are panning out so far this year.

This time of year, it's all about spending time outdoors, in your garden and enjoying nature's beauty and bounties. Just like the child in the Sun image above, it's time to relax, be carefree and have fun.

If you have a mature, overgrown garden like mine, then you will be busy tending to the crops you have planted to enjoy a fruitful harvest later in summer and autumn. You will also have to keep up with the weeds, but I only get rid of them in areas, where they encroach on the more valuable plants.

Just recently I have become rather fond of all the dandelion in my garden; I have discovered that you can make a very healthy cup of tea from its leaves. So, not everything that is declared a weed is useless.

And this is how it is in real life. We can associate everything we dream of, do and want to achieve as seedlings, that need planting, tending to and nurturing. We need to weed out some things in our lives that are no longer useful, and along the way we sometimes make mistakes: regretting having discarded of something that could have proven useful after all, or having overlooked more opportunities for joy and abundance, because we didn't pay attention.

With the Midsummer Tarot spread you can try to make the most of what you want to create and avoid the pitfalls along the way as best as you can. This spread works well in a general reading, but it can also be used to examine a specific area in your life such as relationship, work, lifestyle, creative ambitions, etc.:

1. How does my garden grow? 
This card gives you a general indication on how things are progressing so far.

2. What areas need special care and nurturing?
This card highlights an aspect or issue you may be neglecting, or that needs special attention at this moment in time.

3. In what area do I need to do some weeding? What do you need to discard, let go of, release? This can relate to possessions, beliefs, people, the past, emotional baggage etc., but be careful not to make a rash decision you may later regret, especially when it can affect relationships and people.

4. What else can I do to make my forthcoming harvest successful? What else can you do to achieve your goal.

5. Where are more opportunities for growth? Are you missing something? What seeds can you grow at this time of year that will produce some winter crop? What is on offer today that can lead to growth and achievement in the future?



I hope you enjoy trying out this spread as part of your solstice activities. Please do let me know, how it's worked for you.

And now please jump back onto the blog hop train and visit Aisling's blog for more sunrise celebrations. Be inspired!

Wishing you a de-"lightful" Summer Solstice,

Christiane

PS: A little gift for you to take along your way, an enchanting quote from Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream. Feel free to share with your friends online.

midsummer night's dream summer solstice celebrate the sunrise tarot blog hop



Transform your life this year: 

Tarot Readings - Insightful guidance when you need it
Learn Tarot - A magickal, inspirational tool for life
Tarot eBooks - Great value, innovative Tarot study material

Make sure you subscribe to my feed to receive the latest articles straight into your inbox when published.

You can also connect with me on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram.


14 comments:

  1. Oooh... mead and Oberon (fans self) :) Great spread Christiane! I sometimes throw the baby out with the bath water so the idea of careful weeding is very appealing to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon ;) Enjoy the Solstice today, perhaps with a cup of Dandelion tea ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Christine! I enjoyed your post and now find myself craving a goblet of mead in the garden! Happy Solstice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a Happy Solstice to you, too, Shann! Enjoying my mead right now ;) Thank you for dropping by ;)

      Christiane x

      Delete
  3. I really love the garden aspect of this. And the Tarot of The Sidhe. Must get this deck. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tarot of the Sidhe is one of my favourite decks...a vibrant magical Fae Tarot ideal for this time of year... of course you must get this deck, Arwen! ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi Christiane,

    I loved your thoughts on weeds and weeding - I think the definition of a weed is actually just something we don't want growing where it is, rather than them being inherently bad. Nice to hear you valuing the dandelions :)

    Great spread, too, I shall be be giving it a go for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chloe ;) My definition of weeds I suppose is something that can grow profusely anywhere, just like dandelion, but also nettle and bramble are good examples, and we know that nettle soup and blackberries are good for you, too ;) Many people just tend to think about these plants as weeds without even vaguely considering their benefits ;)

      Delete
  5. Love that spread. Have scribbled it down so that I can do it later this week!

    I share Chloe's view of a weed - just anything growing where it's not wanted *grin* Brambles are terrible things to get rid of - such vicious thorns!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those bramble thorns are nasty indeed...glad you like the spread, Ali, and thanks for stopping by ;)

      Delete
  6. Sorry I'm only just now making it all the way round. Lovely post, Christiane, and thanks for the quote, too ;) I love the thought of sleeping amid the flowers, alongside the faeries!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to meet you Kerry ;) I'm glad you like the quote. A Midsummer Night's Dream is one of my favourite Shakespeare plays ;) And yes, I also have a lot of catching up to do...;)

      Delete
  7. I'm going to give that Summer Spread a try. Looks great. Thanks for the Solstice blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Ivy ;) glad you're trying out this spread. Thanks for stopping by ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...