Saturday 22 September 2012

The Power Of Transformation

the magician tarot of quotes
Tarot of Quotes
Welcome to the Mabon Blog Hop. If you have just arrived from Jaymi's contribution, thank you for stopping by. You can jump back onto the blog hop train and continue your journey by clicking on the link to Morgan's blog at the end of this post.

The topic for today is an intriguing one: which Tarot cards or spreads signify most truly the power of transformation? What is my personal, ultimate tool of the Tarot that offers me the ability to transform my Self and my circumstances into something new, different and better than how I began?

Let me share with you the simple truth: the Tarot on the whole is a tool of transformation. The moment I picked up the cards all these many years ago and started learning the Tarot, it slowly but surely transformed me from someone full of insecurities, who was just reacting to events, situations or circumstances, to actually taking control, living more mindfully and making things happen.

I don't do readings for myself every day. In fact, I rarely read for myself, but each card in the Tarot teaches me a lesson on a daily basis. Every time I read for others or when I teach the Tarot, it offers me new insight and wisdom.

The Tarot teaches you universal life lessons and patterns. When you decide to learn Tarot, you become the Magician, the initiator of transformation, the archetypal alchemist, who has all the tools and ingredients to create and make Magick happen in your life.

Gradually, you tune into yourself, others and your surroundings. You become more aware. You gain foresight. Understanding. A healthy level of detachment. You learn about the cycles of life, death and rebirth. You learn the art of self-empowerment.

death tarot of quotes
Tarot of Quotes
The process of transformation rarely happens overnight. In Tarot, it is symbolised by Death. The ending is its climax, which generates a new beginning; the moment when the caterpillar turns into a butterfly. What the Magician has started is culminating at this point.

It's not straightforward and can be uncomfortable, even emotionally painful at times. You have to learn to let go of your old Self, which isn't always easy.

Once you are mindfully aware of your transformational process, you start to embody Temperance, when you begin to perfect the mix of new lessons learned, behavioural patterns, ideas, beliefs and attitudes.

You start to make things work, create harmony and balance by coming to terms with the changes and getting accustomed to your new situation. You learn about making compromises without losing out.

Your journey continues through darkness and light, setbacks and progress - will you make it to the World and fulfil your true potential?

temperance tarot of quotes
Tarot of Quotes
When you start to engage with the Tarot as a tool for self-development and spiritual growth, you will notice its profound effect on you over time.

If Tarot is your passion and part of your life, how has it changed you over time? 

An example of a transformational Tarot spread can be found here.

Thank you again for your visit. Before you move on to enjoy Morgan's blog hop contribution, please consider subscribing to my feed.

Cosmic Blessings,

Christiane

Connect with me on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.




Tarot Readings - Insightful guidance when you need it.
Learn Tarot - A magickal, inspirational tool for life.





9 comments:

  1. Hi Christiane,

    Another lovely post. I don't think I'd seen your Death and Temperance cards before, very powerful! Thanks for sharing this.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerry. Yes, Death and Temperance are brand new; I still have to add them to the gallery on my main website ;)

      Delete
  2. Really love those cards. Tarot was my first Mystery School, when I was just 17. It was where my inner transformation began in earnest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elinor. I wish I had come across a Tarot deck at 17; I think it would have helped me a lot at uncertain and difficult times ;)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing this ... I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Donna. Glad you enjoyed my post ;)

      Delete
  4. I so agree that tarot as a whole is a tool for transformation. Do you know that the total numerical value of the cards you chose for your post equal 28? 2 + 8 = 10 and 1 + 0 = 1. These numbers represent the following cards, The Wheel of Fortune and The Magician... interesting given the topic being posted about :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting indeed, Sharon! My unconscious picked those cards, perhaps for a reason? Yes, I can see the Wheel as a transformational card, too. It's spinning and shaking people around, up and down...how will you hang on or emerge from its turbulence? Thank you for sharing your thoughts ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm so ready for your deck. HURRY UP. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...