Friday 10 January 2014

My Word for the Year

word for the year 2014
Coming up with a word for the year to inspire and encourage you over the coming months ahead is a magickal way to help you achieve goals or simply guide you to where you want to be.

I first came across this idea when I started using Leonie Dawson's Year Planner, and this year I'm choosing a word for the first time.

My word is inspired by this year's energy card, the Chariot, which is linked to the element water.

Although it's spiritually meaningful to me, it's also kind of humorous, too.

It's PLUNGE.

There is a nice ring to it. You'll know what I mean when you say it out loud. Linger on the 'n'...plunnnnnge :)

It sounds whole-hearted; better than "plop", which only covers the surface, or "splash", which is just noisy. PLUNGE goes deep and all the way.

This year, I will plunge into the unknown.

I will plunge into faith.

I will plunge into love.

I will plunge into the ocean of change, and let its currents and tides take me where I'm meant to be.

I will plunge into that ocean with my eyes closed trusting my inner knowing that all will be well.

PLUNGE expresses my need to initiate movement, to embrace the unknown, overcome fears, to dare and to accept impermanence.

And then of course PLUNGE makes me laugh. Where would I be without a word that puts a smile on my face?

Perhaps this year I will also plunge into a shopping centre (haven't done that for years), plunge into a nightclub, plunge into a new hobby, plunge into studies, plunge into parties, plunge into a skirt or a dress (haven't worn those for years either).

I'll be taking the plunge for sure. I wonder how often I will use that word this year?

It's certainly a versatile word as Miranda demonstrates:




There you have it. It's PLUNGE for me all the way until 31 December 2014.

What's your word for the year?

Warmest wishes,

Christiane



Transform your life this year: 

Tarot Readings - Insightful guidance when you need it
Learn Tarot - A magickal, inspirational tool for life
Tarot eBooks - Great value, innovative Tarot study material

Make sure you subscribe to my feed to receive the latest articles straight into your inbox when published.

You can also connect with me on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Christiane what a daring vivid word this is. It will be a challenge but I am sure it will bring you lots of good experiences
    My word for this year is Listen: Listen to others as well as to my self. What do I really want what is good for me. And also really listen to others with my undivided attention

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen is such a wise word, Ellen. So many people don't do it, and consciously choosing it as a guiding word will surely reward you with new insights, knowledge and everything else you wish for. Best wishes to you for 2014 x

      Delete
    2. Thank you, best wishes for you too of course

      Delete
  2. Hi Christiane, I love that you've chosen a word for yourself this year :) And what an adventurous word! Wishing you much joy in taking those leaps :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerry, yes hopefully it will be fun :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful. Enjoy your plunging! You have inspired me, I will contemplate my word of the year as I journey deeper into my ceramic artwork, yoga teaching and international travel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds exciting, Brenda! I'd love to know, which word you'll come up with. Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...