Thursday 24 May 2012

Tarot 2012 - Are you Ready for the Transformation?

I don't know about you, but over the last couple of months I have noticed subtle changes going on inside me, and I have the feeling that they will turn out to be profound and transformational over the next 12 months. For example, I have become more confident about my abilities; I can deal with criticism and ignorance in a more tolerant way; I'm more self-reliant. I have the urge to share my knowledge, wisdom and spirituality with you and many others, in order to help lots of people to turn their own dreams into reality and fulfil their potential. I have never EVER written so much like I have done recently on this blog! Whatever is going on inside me, I love it ;)

Perhaps it's all down to that Mayan 2012 prophecy. Last year I wrote a post on my old blog about it and its connection (how I see it) to the Tarot. I re-publish it here with some updates:

The 21st December 2012 is a significant date in the Mayan calendar; on this day the 13th baktun (cycle) is coming to an end after more than 5000 years. The Mayans were excellent astrologers; their calendar is based on the solar system and the movements of the stars. We know that there is an astrological reason, why the Mayans determined 21/12/2012 as the last day of the current cycle. On that particular day, all planets in our solar system will align with the black hole situated at the centre of our galaxy, the milky way. But don’t worry! It’s unlikely that we all get sucked into it, yet if you are familiar with astrological occurrences and how they can affect our lives on Earth, then you might wonder, what the 21st December 2012 will have in store for us.

The Mayans already knew about this date centuries ago, and so did Medieval alchemists and occult scholars in our Western civilisation. The most prominent one, Nostradamus, has also mentioned this date in his Lost Manuscript together with images of a wheel, sun, moon, and angels, which are all symbols found in the Tarot images.

Now that I’ve mentioned the Middle Ages, I can start to explore the connection between the date 21/12/2012 and the Tarot, which first appeared in Europe in the 15th century. Does the Tarot tell us anything about what to expect on that special day? From a numerology point of view, we can assign the following trump cards to this date:

21 – The World
12 – The Hanged Man
20 – Judgement
11 – Justice; you get this number when you add up the numbers of the date.


In addition, you can also include The Fool (no. 0), The Magician (no.1) and the High Priestess (no.2).
All these cards seem to make sense; there's a completion of a cycle (The World), a need for sacrifice (Hanged Man) after evaluation (Judgement) and adjustment (Justice).

Perhaps this is a sign to get back to basics and make a new start (The Fool). The High Priestess and the Magician (trump 1 and 2) suggest opposites to be integrated into a new World order (no. 21 the World = combining trump 1 + 2 numerically).

Personally I don’t believe in doom and gloom predictions. Instead, I feel that major changes are coming our way on a more personal level, which could sometimes be uncomfortable but eventually will lead to a more sustainable development and evolution of humankind and our planet. Number 12 features twice in the date - the Hanged Man - which could emphasise the necessity to make a sacrifice, or indeed the ability to progress will be put on hold for a while.

It is unlikely that anything noticeable is likely to happen globally on 21/12/2012; it’s more likely to be a phase of change that has already started and is said to reach its climax some time in 2013. 

But wait a minute! Apparently, some destructive solar storms will hit our planet in 2013 according to NASA. Check out the article in the Daily Telegraph, but let's not panic at this stage ;)

In the meantime, feel free to comment and share your thoughts on this topic. Are you feeling a kind of shift or transformation in your life? 

Christiane 

PS: Transform your life this year: 
Tarot Readings - Insightful guidance when you need it 
Learn Tarot - A magickal, inspirational tool for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...