Monday 1 July 2013

The Healing Power of Speaking Out - A Moon Reflection

Moon Tarot
Tarot of Quotes
"Deep in my heart, I'm concealing
Things that I'm longing to say
Scared to confess what I'm feeling
Frightened you'll slip away."
- Madonna, You Must Love Me (Lyrics)

The Moon is a mysterious image of cryptic dreams and imagination, emotional fluctuations, insecurities and the need to reveal what is hidden.

The Moon is a shining light guiding you in the darkness of your soul. Deceptions (self-imposed or by others) need to be uncovered; combating rumours, assumptions and speculations; suppressed feelings expressed to avoid psychological problems.

The latter recently stroke a chord with me. Expressing your feelings is an important aspect of self-care, and if you are a sensitive person always conscious of how you make other people feel, then perhaps you tend to bottle up your own feelings for the sake of others.

The effects can be seriously harming your sanity: bitterness, resentment or a dramatic, emotional outburst that leave everyone in turmoil and confusion (including you).

It only takes a moment to tell someone how you feel, but once it's all out, you can start to rebuild your life again.

I'm talking about those significant feelings and emotions that are so often suppressed, because you don't want to inflict emotional pain on others, or because you are torn between options, or you are doubtful about the validity of your feelings.

"I don't love you any more." (But I do like your company...)

"I cannot live with you." (But maybe I just need to be more tolerant...)

"This job is making me ill." (But maybe I'm just too sensitive and need to get a grip...)

"I am gay." (But how will my family take it?)

"I am being bullied / abused." (But maybe it's all my fault...)

"Bad things happen at my workplace." (But I am powerless to do anything about it...)

Perhaps something has been bothering you for some time, you can't stop thinking about it, yet you cannot help but keeping your emotional turmoil hidden.

You keep building it up, and over time it will eat you up.

If you need to find the right words or build courage first... 

- write down what you want to say. Write a letter, but don't send it. Keep a diary, in which you freely express yourself without limitations. Create poems or stories that reflect your situation and feelings.

- paint it. Draw it. Photograph it. Use whichever way you can to unravel and make sense of your emotions, so you are ready and strong for the big moment.

Say it. Speak up. Let it out. Rock the boat.

It only takes a moment, but trust me, you will feel better for it.

A heavy burden will be lifted off your shoulders.

You can start breathing again.

It may cause quite a stir. Ripples in the water or big waves. Consequences unknown, but you can start

working things out

lifting the confusion

leaving the shadows behind

following your dreams

moving towards the Sun...


“That was one of the saddest things about people--their most important thoughts and feelings often went unspoken and barely understood.”
- Alexandra Adornetto, Halo


Warmest wishes,

Christiane



Transform your life this year: 

Tarot Readings - Insightful guidance when you need it
Learn Tarot - A magickal, inspirational tool for life
Tarot eBooks - Great value, innovative Tarot study material

Make sure you subscribe to my feed to receive the latest articles straight into your inbox when published.

You can also connect with me on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.


2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card and compelling article and quotes, Christiane. Wonderful, powerful message. Thank You so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...